Wednesday, March 21, 2007

EU... a gift of two sides

If some might say that EU is crucial to small European economies, they might be right.. But there is the other side that is not very transparent.Let’s start from the beginning. It is good like in my case to come to England to study without the need of visas, passports or any other burocracies; my national ID card is enough to live in England forever...It is nice to know that thanks to the Euro my country has now a strong coin... and my Portuguese Passport is respected wherever I go in the world. I am feeling like a G8 citizen... BUT... and now comes to the other side.First I would like to say that I am not against the European Union, but some policies must be reviewed.Which countries are wining to belong to the EU? The biggest economies: France, Germany, Spain, England...why?! That is simple! Small economy countries as they are privatizing all the national companies, the richest guys in Europe are buying them. All the companies that use for tradition to belong to a country are now foreign companies. Therefore the top jobs do not belong anymore to the nationals of that country and the capital is going to foreigner hands, leaving a state even more dependent of the biggest economies. So shall we let the big ones to take over our small states? I am in favor to this Union but not to a United States of Europe and I am completely against a European Constitution.

No comments: